- Back to the Containers home page
- Aerosol Containers and Gas Cartridges
- Cylinders, Spheres and Tubes
- UN cylinders, UN tubes, UN cryogenic receptacles, and multiple-element gas containers
- Tank Trucks and Trailers and TC Portable Tanks
- Containers for Infectious substances
- Railway Tank Cars and Ton Containers
- UN Small Means of Containment
- UN Portable Tanks
- Containers for Explosives (Class 1)
The CGSB-43.151 standard sets out requirements for containers for the transport of Class 1 dangerous goods. The standard prescribes Packing Methods that in most cases are harmonized with the UN Recommendations on Transport of Dangerous Goods and prescribe the use of UN standardized containers.
Section 5.8 of the TDG Regulations requires that all means of containment used to transport Class 1 dangerous goods by any mode of transport must be in standard with CGSB-43.151.
A copy of this standard can be obtained from the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB).
Where can I obtain more information?
For more information on matters pertaining to CGSB-43.151:
Inquiries pertaining to applications for registration:
After choosing the language (1 for English, 2 for French), press option 1.
Please include the text "Containers for Explosives" in the subject line.
- Date modified: