Safety Awareness Kit for Industry
Each year, more and more dangerous goods are moved across Canada by road, rail, water and air. These shipments range from industrial chemicals to manufactured goods and, while indispensable to our modern way of life, they can pose a threat to public safety if not handled safely.
Transport Canada’s Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Directorate is the focal point for Canada’s national program to promote public safety during the transportation of dangerous goods.
In order to promote public safety, the TDG Directorate has enhanced its Safety Awareness Program and is reaching out to targeted audiences such as First Responders, communities/municipalities and the industry. The Safety Awareness Program attends various conferences either as presenters or as exhibitors in order to provide guidance material on the TDG program. TDG has also participated in webinars and conferences for the industry.
The industry community is a very important audience of the Safety Awareness Program since it is handling, offering for transport or transporting the dangerous goods. As such, we have prepared kits, containing safety awareness material that was developed by the TDG Directorate that could be of help. In this kit, you will find handouts, bulletins, safety advisories, and much more. We have also included a link to the TDG Newsletter which provides valuable information on dangerous goods.
If you are interested in a presentation on the TDG program (Emergency Response Assistance Plan, Emergency Response Guidebook, CANUTEC, and tools and services we can provide), please don’t hesitate to contact us at: TC.TDGSafetyAwareness-SensibilisationalasecuriteduTMD.TC@tc.gc.ca.
This Safety Awareness Kit includes:
- Emergency Preparedness and Response (To receive a copy of this presentation, please send your request by email to TC.TDGSafetyAwareness-SensibilisationalasecuriteduTMD.TC@tc.gc.ca)
- Incident Command System (To receive a copy of this presentation, please send your request by email to TC.TDGSafetyAwareness-SensibilisationalasecuriteduTMD.TC@tc.gc.ca)
- Guide - Cross-Border Emergency Response
- TDG – A Primer Handout
- Dangerous Goods Safety Marks Handout
- CANUTEC - Canadian Transport Emergency Centre
- Roles and Responsibilities of Remedial Measures Specialists and TDG Inspectors Handout
- Competency Guidelines for Responders to Incidents of Flammable Liquids in Transport, High-Hazard Flammable Trains
- Safety Advisory - Fire Risk of Electronic Cigarettes in Checked Baggage on Board an Aircraft
- Safety Advisory - Petroleum Crude Oil and Hydrogen Sulfide
- Safety Advisory - Petroleum Crude Oil Classification
- TDG Newsletter
- Did you know that Lithium Batteries are Dangerous Goods?
- How to use the Regulations Bulletin
- Classification Scheme Bulletin
- Ethanol & Gasoline Mixture – Classification and Emergency Response Bulletin
- Shipping Document Bulletin
- Consignor’s Certification Bulletin
- Required Information on a Shipping Document Handout
- Dangerous Goods Safety Marks Bulletin
- Dangerous Goods Safety Marks on a Small Means of Containment Handout
- Dangerous goods placards
- Means of Containment Bulletin
- Training Bulletin
- Determining if an Emergency Response Assistance Plan (ERAP) is required
- Transporting Dangerous Goods Shipments from the United States to Canada by road or rail
- Shipping Infectious Substances Bulletin
- Basic Competency Checklist for transporting dangerous goods Handout
- Part 8 – Reporting Requirements
- TDG Regional Office Contact
- Date modified: