Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- TDG Home
- TDG Directorate
- Emergency Response Task Force
- TDG Act
- TDG Regulations
- Protective Directions
- Interim Orders
- Equivalency Certificates (Permits)
- Emergency Response Assistance Plans
- Safety Awareness Materials
- TDG Publications
- TDG Security
- TDG Ticketing
- TDG Contact Us / Contacts
- TDG Site Map
Transport Canada, based on risks, develops safety standards and regulations, provides oversight and gives expert advice (through the Canadian Transport Emergency Centre — CANUTEC) on dangerous goods accidents to promote public safety in the transportation of dangerous goods by all modes of transport in Canada.
- Public Notice: Protective Direction No. 36
- Download a copy of the Competency Guidelines for Responders to Incidents of Flammable Liquids in Transport, High-Hazard Flammable Trains
- 60-Day Public Review of the new edition of Standard CGSB-43.123 – Aerosol Containers and Gas Cartridges for Transport of Dangerous Goods
- Public Notice: Protective Direction No. 35
In the event of an emergency
In the event of an emergency involving dangerous goods, call CANUTEC at 1-888-CAN-UTEC (226-8832), 613-996-6666 or *666 on a cellular phone.
You can register online to use CANUTEC's free, 24-hour emergency telephone number on your dangerous goods shipping documents.
For regulatory questions, contact the TDG regional office in your region or
CANUTEC at 613-992-4624.
Prairie & Northern
- Date modified: