Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- TDG Home
- TDG Directorate
- Emergency Response Task Force
- TDG Act
- TDG Regulations
- Protective Directions
- Interim Orders
- Equivalency Certificates (Permits)
- Emergency Response Assistance Plans
- Safety Awareness Materials and FAQ
- TDG Publications
- TDG Security
- TDG Ticketing
- TDG Contact Us / Contacts
- TDG Site Map
Transport Canada, based on risks, develops safety standards and regulations, provides oversight and gives expert advice (through the Canadian Transport Emergency Centre — CANUTEC) on dangerous goods accidents to promote public safety in the transportation of dangerous goods by all modes of transport in Canada.
- Public Notice: Protective Direction No. 38
- TDG Newsletter – July 2016
- Safety Advisory - Petroleum Crude Oil Classification
- Two new FAQs on Part 4, Dangerous Goods Safety Marks of the TDG Regulations
- Public Notice: Protective Direction No. 37
- The Emergency Response Guidebook 2016 is now available.
- Regulations Amending the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (Reporting Requirements and International Restrictions on Lithium Batteries)
- Public Notice: Protective Direction No. 36
In the event of an emergency
In the event of an emergency involving dangerous goods, call CANUTEC at 1-888-CAN-UTEC (226-8832), 613-996-6666 or *666 on a cellular phone.
You can register online to use CANUTEC's free, 24-hour emergency telephone number on your dangerous goods shipping documents.
For regulatory questions, contact the TDG regional office in your region or
CANUTEC at 613-992-4624.
Prairie & Northern
- Date modified: