Rail Safety Improvement Program
We are accepting applications for infrastructure, technology and research (ITR) projects for 2020-21 funding. The deadline for applications is August 1, 2019.
We will be accepting proposals for RSIP E&A projects for 2019-20 funding, starting June 1, 2019, the deadline for proposals is July 5, 2019.
The Rail Safety Improvement Program (RSIP) provides grant and contribution funding to improve rail safety and reduce injuries and fatalities related to rail transportation. The program funds:
- safety improvements to existing rail lines
- closures of grade crossings
- initiatives to raise awareness about rail safety issues across Canada
The program has two key components.
- The infrastructure, technology and research (ITR) component funds projects that address the immediate rail safety needs of communities
- The public education and awareness (E&A) component funds public education projects aimed at reducing railway-grade crossing collisions and trespassing incidents on railway property, particularly in high-risk areas
This program builds on Transport Canada’s Grade Crossing Improvement, Grade Crossing Closure and Operation Lifesaver Programs.
If you have any questions about this program, contact us by email or mail.
Rail Safety Improvement Program (RSIP)
330 Sparks Street, Place de Ville – Tower C (AHE)
Ottawa ON K1A 0N5