Become a flight reviewer for drones: 1. Overview
Flight reviewers help to ensure a safe operating environment for everyone. By applying to become a flight reviewer, you will have a direct impact on the industry and the next generation of drone pilots.
The role of flight reviewers
Drone or “Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS)” flight reviewers:
- conduct flight reviews with pilot candidates
- make sure that a pilot candidate’s flying skills meet our standards
- validate the identity of pilot candidates
Flight reviewers may charge a fee for this service.
Contact a drone flight school near you if you are interested in becoming a flight reviewer prior to the coming-into-force date. To be eligible, For your candidacy to be considered, you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- have 6 months of experience operating an RPAS
- have passed a Flight Reviewer Exam
- have no enforcement actions against you by Transport Canada