Advisory Circular (AC) No. 803-001
From: Transport Canada
Subject: Transport Canada Publication TP308/GPH209 - Change 7.2 Criteria for the Development of Instrument Procedures
|Issuing Office:||Civil Aviation, Standards||Document No.:||AC 803-001|
|File Classification No.:||Z 5000-34||Issue No.||09|
|RDIMS No.:||14796668-V1||Effective Date:||2019-01-01|
Table of Contents
- 1.0 Introduction
- 2.0 References and Requirements
- 3.0 Background
- 4.0 Information Changes in TP308/GPH209 Change 7.1
- 5.0 Requirements
- 6.0 Acquisition
- 7.0 Information Management
- 8.0 Document History
- 9.0 Contact Office
- (1) This Advisory Circular (AC) is provided for information and guidance purposes. It describes an example of an acceptable means, but not the only means, of demonstrating compliance with regulations and standards. This AC on its own does not change, create, amend or permit deviations from regulatory requirements, nor does it establish minimum standards.
- (1) The purpose of this AC is to announce the implementation of a change to the Criteria for the Development of Instrument Procedures (TP308/GPH209).
- (1) This document is applicable to all Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) employees and to individuals or organizations when they are exercising privileges granted to them under an External Ministerial Delegation of Authority. This information is also available to the aviation industry for information purposes.
1.3 Description of Changes
- (1) Issue 09 of this AC, introduces TP308/GPH209 Change 7.2.
- (2) Change 7.2, is a general update to the Criteria for the Development of Instrument Procedures (TP308/GPH209) including but not limited to: RASS updated, new maximum GPA, PBN general criteria updated and new Annex G Flight Validation.
- (3) Change 7.2 is deemed to be minor in nature and a 12 month period is provided for implementation (see Para 5.1 (1)).
2.0 References and Requirements
2.1 Reference Documents
- (1) It is intended that the following reference materials be used in conjunction with this document:
- (a) Aeronautics Act (R.S., 1985, c.A-2); and
- (b) Part VIII Subpart 03 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) — Aeronautical Information Services.
- (b) Transport Canada Publication (TP) 308/GPH 209 — Criteria for the Development of Instrument Procedures, Change 7.2, 2019-01-01.
2.2 Cancelled Documents
- (1) By default, it is understood that the publication of a new issue of a document automatically renders any earlier issues of the same document null and void.
2.3 Definitions and Abbreviations
- (1) The following abbreviations are used in this document:
- (a) AC: Advisory Circular;
- (b) CAR: Canadian Aviation Regulations;
- (c) FAA: Federal Aviation Administration;
- (d) PBN: Performance Based Navigation; and
- (e) TCCA: Transport Canada Civil Aviation.
- (1) Subsection 803.02(a) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) states that no person shall publish or submit for publishing in the Canada Air Pilot an instrument procedure unless the procedure has been developed in accordance with the standards and criteria specified in the manual entitled Criteria for the Development of Instrument Procedures (TP308/GPH209).
- (2) Instrument Procedure Design Criteria contained in TP308/GPH209 are based on the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Orders for the development of Instrument Procedure.
- (3) The criteria contained in TP308/GPH209 is amended from time to time, in response to: changes introduced by FAA to their Orders, changes to technology, and recommendations received from stakeholders.
4.0 Information Changes in TP308/GPH209 Change 7.2
- (1) The significant areas of new direction, guidance, and policy included in this change are detailed in the “Revision - Change Page” section of TP308/GPH209 Change 7.2.
- (1) Effective 01 January 2020 - all existing, new and revised criteria introduced in Change 7.2 is available for use. To facilitate implementation of the new criteria, 01 Jan 2020 is the earliest date that a procedure can be submitted for publication using Change 7.2. As of 01 January 2020, TP308/GPH209 Change 7.0 and Change 7.1 will no longer be authorized for the Development of Instrument Procedures.
- (1) In adherence to Subsection 803.02(b) of the CARs, no person shall publish or submit for publishing an instrument procedure unless the procedure has been developed by a person who has successfully completed training which has been accepted by the Minister.
- (2) No new training is required for TP308/GPH209 Change 7.2. Previous training requirements apply and previously accepted training is valid.
- (1) A Secure File Transfer Account (SFTA) has been created to share an electronic copy of TP308/GPH209 Change 7.2. The new criteria will be available for download as of 1 January 2019. The SFTA uses Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) and can be used by any device that is connected to the internet and supports HTTPS.
- (2) To access the STFA application, go to https://sfta-tfsa.tc.gc.ca/
- (a) Username : ANS External
- (b) Password : ANSexternal2014
- (3) The “Change my password” option has been disabled.
- (4) All files and folders on this account will automatically be deleted thirty (30) days after they have been uploaded. If TP308/GPH209 Change 7.2 is not available at the time of your visit, please contact either:
7.0 Information Management
- (1) Not applicable.
8.0 Document History
- (1) Advisory Circular (AC) 803-001, Issue 08, RDIMS 13581530 (E) and 13780809-V2 (F) dated 2018-02-23 – Transport Canada Publication TP308/GPH209 Change 7.1 Criteria for Development of Instrument Procedures.
9.0 Contact Office
Civil Aviation, Standards
Chief of Flight Standards – Pierre Ruel (AARTA)
Suggestions for amendment to this document are invited and should be submitted via the following e-mail address:
Original signed by Pierre Ruel for
Director, Standards Branch