Maintenance and Manufacturing Staff Instructions (MSI) No. 39
|Use of Minister's Delegation of Authority Stamps||Revision No:||0|
|Number of Pages:||2|
|File No: AARP-5009-3-39||Issue Date:||May 27, 2002|
1.1 The purpose of this Staff Instruction is to provide guidance and to establish a standard for the use of the Minister's Delegation stamp issued to each Transport Canada Civil Aviation Safety Inspector (CASI) and each Minister's Delegate Maintenance and Manufacturing (MD).
2.1 In the past, stamps were issued to each CASI for use in identifying completion of official reviews. Recently, for similar purposes, stamps have been issued to Minister's Delegates (MD). During this process the benefits of being able to distinguish between delegates and CASIs as well as identify individual inspectors from a stamp were raised.
3.1 The Canadian Aviation Documents listed below, or other supporting documents requiring Transport Canada approval or acceptance, may bear the CASI or MD personal Department of Transport stamp imprint overlapping their signature. Forms 24-0072 (Flight Permit), 24-0073 (Certificate of Airworthiness) and 24-0074 (Special Certificate of Airworthiness) are not included in these procedures as they are embossed with an official Transport Canada seal in accordance with the appropriate MSI.
3.2 Examples of when this stamp may be used:
- Form no 24-0049 - Export Airworthiness Certificate;
- Form no 24-0075- Flight Authority;
- Form no 26-0437- Interim AME license;
- For documents submitted to a Foreign Civil Aviation Authority requiring approval of Transport Canada;
- When a CASI or a MD is required to make an entry in the technical records following an inspection;
- When a CASI or a MD is required to make an entry in the technical records of a foreign aircraft for importation purposes;
- For the approval of documents such as a Manufacturers Manual, Maintenance Policies Manual, the Small Operator Maintenance Control Manual, and amendments thereto, etc; and
- For the acceptance of tasks in the AME's log.
3.3 The personal number for the CASI is to reflect the number assigned to the CASI on his/her Delegation of Authority card. The personal number for the MD stamp will reflect the approval number of the MD.
3.4 The stamps are to be provided by the responsible Region to the CASI or MD. The format for the stamps is to be in accordance with the applicable sample in this MSI. Maintenance and Manufacturing Standards and Procedures Division (AARPE) are the responsible contact on matters regarding the stamps.
Inspector's stamp sample:
Delegate's stamp sample:
4. Effective Date
4.1 This instruction comes into effect immediately.
5. HQ Contact
5.1 The responsible officer indicated below may be contacted for information regarding this MSI:
Marcel Payant, AARPE
Aircraft Maintenance & Manufacturing
Phone: (613) 946-6122
Facsimile: (613) 952-3298
Maintenance and Manufacturing