Report a change of address: aircraft certificate of registration

If your mailing address changes, notify us in writing within 7 days so we can update your certificate of registration.

Note: if your aircraft has two or more owners, only the person listed as mail recipient must report a change in address.

How to report a change of address

There is no fee to report a change of address. To report the change:

  1. Enter your new address on the certificate of registration application section. Sign the application form in ink
  2. Mail the certificate of registration to a Transport Canada Civil Aviation regional office

When we receive your certificate, we’ll mail you a new certificate with the updated address.

Interim certificate

While you wait for your aircraft to be re-registered, you can activate an interim certificate of registration. To do this:

  1. Print your new address and the date it changed in the boxes on your interim certificate
  2. Keep your interim certificate on board your aircraft until we mail you a new one

Interim certificates are valid until the earliest of the following days:

  • the last day of the 3-month period following the sale of the aircraft by the previous owner
  • the day on which there is another transfer of custody and control
  • the day on which you receive a new certificate of registration

Note: if you have an old version of the certificate of registration, without the portion used for the interim certificate, you can’t activate an interim certificate for a change of address.

In this case, inform us in writing of your new address and we will issue you a temporary certificate. This will allow you to return your certificate of registration and to continue operating your aircraft. There is no fee.

Date modified: