Apply for TARA funding
From Transport Canada
We're accepting applications for projects that begin in 2019-20. The deadline to apply is March 31, 2019.
The Transportation Assets Risk Assessment (TARA) Program provides funding to assess the impacts of the changing climate on federally-owned transportation assets such as bridges, ports and airports and provide information that can be integrated into asset management and infrastructure investment plans.
Eligibility for funding
Eligible recipients include:
- Federal agent crown corporations (Jacques-Cartier and Champlain Bridges Inc., the Federal Bridge Corporation Limited)
- Canadian port authorities
- National airports system's airport authorities
- For-profit and not-for-profit organizations
- Provinces and territories including provincially and territorially owned entities
Grant recipients will receive 100% of eligible costs.
Contribution recipients may receive funding for eligible costs up to:
- 90% for National Airports Systems Airport Authorities, Canadian Port Authorities and for-profit organizations
- 100% for Federal agent Crown corporations, not-for-profit organizations and Academia.
Assessments and research
Funding will be provided for assessments or research concerning the impacts of the changing climate on federally-owned transportation assets. This includes present, future or planned infrastructure systems or their components. The assessments and research must provide information to help decision-makers develop resilient management or other plans.
Equipment, services and training
The program will fund the costs of data, equipment, technology, software systems and training needed to study the impact of the changing climate on federal transportation assets or infrastructure components.
For example, eligible costs could include:
- Professional fees for contracted services
- Travel costs
- Administrative costs
For detailed information about eligibility criteria see the Applicant's Guide.
Conditions of funding
You must prove that you have secured funding to pay project costs up front. You cannot receive advance funding, except in the cases listed in the Applicant's Guide.
You must complete all projects by March 31, 2022.
You may receive up to:
- $50,000 per project as a grant
- $4,000,000 per project as a contribution
What you need to know before you start
We'll accept applications for projects until March 31st, 2019.
Your application must be complete and accurate. You should read the Applicant's Guide in full before you apply.
How to apply
- Request application templates at email@example.com.
- Fill in the appropriate template for a grant or a contribution.
- Sign your application and save it in pdf form with original signatures if you are submitting it electronically.
- Submit your application electronically or by mail.
Other ways to apply
Mail your signed application to:
Transportation Assets Risk Assessment (TARA) Program
330 Sparks Street, Place de Ville, Tower C (AHSB)
Ottawa ON K1A 0N5
We will confirm receipt of all applications.