Apply for ILCEPP funding
The Indigenous and Local Communities Engagement and Partnership Program (ILCEPP) is now open for applications. Applications must be received no later than February 20, 2019.
The ILCEPP funds eligible long-term projects to allow recipients to take a role in improving Canada’s marine safety system.
Eligible recipients must show that they are affected by the development, improvement and/or implementation of marine transportation strategies and policies related to Oceans Protection Plan initiatives.
- Indigenous communities and entities (such as a corporation or tribal council)
- Local communities (for example: resident associations, municipalities with a population of less than 30,000)
Both single organizations and applicants that represent more than one community or group are eligible to apply.
Conditions of funding
We will provide funding for up to 100% of eligible expenses, with a maximum contribution of $300,000 per project.
All projects must be completed by March 31, 2022.
Applicants may apply for more than one project under this program.
- Bringing together both local and regional partners to:
- discuss how to work together in marine safety and environmental protection
- improve existing collaborative arrangements
- Hire experts to:
- support long-term and thoughtful discussion
- take on greater roles as we work to improve the marine transportation system and protect the environment
- Forming relationships and partnerships with various groups to participate in marine safety
- In a bilateral relationship, an Indigenous community might partner with a provincial or the federal government
- In a multilateral relationship, an Indigenous community might partner with provincial and/or federal governments and other Indigenous communities
- Working together with various partners to put plans and agreements in place to:
- establish roles and responsibilities
- discuss marine safety and environmental protection issues
- Staff salaries and benefits
- Professional fees
- Room rentals and other facility costs
- Public outreach, communications materials and associated activity costs
- Travel costs
- Administrative costs
What you need to know before you start
- Read the applicant's guide in full to help you prepare your funding application
- Use the project and budget proposal templates we sent to you by email
- If you did not receive them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure your application is accurate, complete and signed before you submit it
How to apply
- Complete your application by February 20, 2019:
- using the required templates
- including everything listed in the applicant's guide
- providing legal documentation confirming your organization is a legal entity, such as:
- letters of patent
- certificates of incorporation
Send us your form(s) by email or mail:
(attach only Microsoft Word, Excel or PDF files)
Indigenous and Local Communities Engagement and Partnership Program (ILCEPP)
330 Sparks St (AHSB)
Ottawa, ON K1A 0N5
We will confirm receipt of all application packages.
Missing or incomplete information will slow down your application. It may even result in rejection.
To maintain the transparency and fairness of the selection process, no extensions can be granted.