Enroll in the SVCP: What you need before you start
From Transport Canada
The Small Vessel Compliance Program (SVCP) is an optional program that provides an easy-to-use tool to help meet all legal requirements to operate small non-pleasure vessels.
Vessels that can be enrolled
The program is for:
- non-pleasure vessels up to 15 gross tonnage (GT)
- passenger vessels up to 15 GT, carrying 12 passengers or less
- fishing vessels up to 15 GT
- recreational boating schools’ vessels
The program doesn’t apply to:
- pleasure craft
- human-powered crafts such as canoes and kayaks
- small special-purpose vessels
You must register your vessel with Transport Canada, before you can receive your enrollment decal, unless your vessel is exempt.
If you have multiple vessels, you must enroll each one separately.
Supporting documents and photos
- Stability information documentation, if applicable
- Copy of certificates of training and competency
- Copy of registration documents
- 4 photographs of the vessel – bow, side, stern and top
- Photograph or copy of your compliance notice, if applicable