We are a federal institution, leading the Transport Canada portfolio and working with our partners.
Transport Canada is responsible for transportation policies and programs. We promote safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible transportation.
Services and information
Flying your drone safely and legally, report a drone incident, where and where not to fly.
Applying for licences, permits and ratings, flight school training, aviation document booklet, language proficiency.
Pleasure craft licence, commercial vessel registration, coasting trade licence.
Choosing and installing a child car seat or booster seat, recall notices, safety and testing information.
Safety recalls database, child car seat or vehicle recall status, safety advisories, safety defect reporting, investigation results.
Full text of regulations on transportation of dangerous goods in Canada.
Apply to access restricted airport areas and ports.
Buying a pleasure craft, pleasure craft courtesy check, requirements for foreign boaters, human powered craft, life jackets, safety tips, checklists, trip plans, courses and resources for recreational boaters.
Railway Operating Certificates, noise and vibration requirements, work/rest and medical rules, accounting, rates.
Grade crossing regulations and standards, train whistling, blocked crossings, safe lines of sight
What we are doing
- Understanding the Effects of Marine Vessel Activity on Coastal Environments
- Proactive Vessel Management
- Modernizing fees for Aeronautical Product Approvals
Laws and regulations
- Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Canada Shipping Act, 2001
- Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations
- Motor Vehicle Restraint Systems and Booster Seats Safety Regulations