Share and view ideas: Modernizing fees for Aeronautical Product Approvals
Current status: CLOSED
Opened on September 5th, 2018 and closed on November 2, 2018.
More than 1,500 new and modified aeronautical product designs are approved each year. Transport Canada ensure that these products are approved for use in Canada and conform to national design standards. We are proposing changes to fees for aeronautical product design approval and would like feedback on these modifications.
Share your ideas
Register at Let’s Talk Transportation to provide your comments on discussion questions. You can also upload a document through the Submission tab on Let’s Talk Modernizing fees for Aeronautical Product Approvals.
Who is the focus of this consultation
All Canadians are invited to participate in the online consultations. Those with a particular interest may include:
- Aircraft owners and operators
- Aviation personnel
- Air cargo carriers, domestic and foreign operators
- Aviation maintenance and manufacturing firms
Key questions for discussion
- Are the proposed revisions to Schedule V fees reasonable? Why or why not?
- How would the introduction of hybrid fees affect you?
We’re proposing to convert all fixed fees to new, hybrid fees. Hybrid fees would begin as fixed fees, until a pre-established level of effort threshold (calculated in hours) is reached, after which the service would be billed at an hourly rate.
- What level of effort threshold (above which we would charge an hourly rate) do you think is appropriate?
Consider how many specialist hours Transport Canada should spend on a project before we charge on an hourly basis. Also think about whether the level of effort threshold should be different depending on the service.
- What challenges or opportunities may come up if we introduce these new fees?
We’re proposing fees for activities such as post-certification design changes that affect design approval documents. The proposed fees would be hybrid fees.
- Do you have any other comments on the Aeronautical Product Approvals Fee Modernization Proposal?
- Aeronautics Act
- Canadian Aviation Regulations
- Modernizing Fees for Aeronautical Product What We Heard Report
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks St
Ottawa ON K1A 0N5
Toll-free telephone: 1-866-995-9737
Local telephone: 613-990-2309