Modernizing fees for Marine Cargo Services
Current status: CLOSED
Opened on February 13, 2019 and closed on April 5, 2019.
Transport Canada is proposing to simplify and adjust fees for marine cargo services. Canada's marine transportation sector relies on, and benefits from, services that Transport Canada provides. Our marine safety inspectors ensure higher-risk marine cargo is safely loaded and stowed. We are inviting Canadians to review the proposal for marine cargo fee modernization, and to voice their opinions on the proposed adjustments.
Share your ideas
Who is the focus of this consultation?
All Canadians are invited to participate in the online consultations. Those with a particular interest may include:
- Marine industry professionals
- Industry stakeholders
- Business owners
- Vessel owners and operators
- Safety professionals
Key questions for discussion
- Are our proposed changes to the current fees, as well as the proposed fees, reasonable? Why or why not?
- Are the proposed service standards acceptable for your business?
- What challenges or opportunities could these fees present for your business?
- Do you have any other comments on the Marine Cargo Fee Modernization Proposal?
- Let's Talk Fee Modernization
- Marine Cargo Fee Modernization Proposal
- What We Heard Report — Public Consultation on Transport Canada Modernizing Fees for Marine Cargo Services
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks Street, 28th Floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 0N5
Telephone: 1-855-859-3123 or 613-991-3135
Teletypewriter / TDD: 1-888-675-6863