Share and view ideas: Let's Talk Drones
Current status: CLOSED
Open on June 04, 2019 and closed on June 28, 2019.
We are seeking your feedback on our recently published Regulations Amending the Canadian Aviation Regulations (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS). We want your input on policies, programs, and services that affect you.
Join in: how to participate
Share your ideas
Register at Let's Talk Transportation to provide your comments on discussion questions. You can also tell us where you fly and share pictures on the map.
Participate in person
Join us for Drone Talks: Planning for Success in Ottawa on 29 May 2019, 8:30 AM to 30 May 2019, 4:30 PM EDT. This two-day event will bring together a broad spectrum of professionals, cross cutting different segments of the RPAS industry, in order to engage in meaningful discussion and take concrete steps in terms of tackling key RPAS issues and challenges, and planning for future success in Canada and abroad.
Who is the focus of this consultation?
We invite recreational drone pilots to share their opinions on the recently published drone regulations.
Key questions for discussion
- How could Canada manage the increased air traffic that will result from more drone flights?
- Opportunities and challenges of flying a drone beyond your visual line of sight.
- What type of opportunities could civilian drone use in urban areas offer Canadians? (for example, delivering goods or carrying passengers)
- Where do you fly your drone?
- Drone safety
- Regulations Amending the Canadian Aviation Regulations (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems)
- Knowledge Requirements for Pilots of Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks St.
Ottawa ON K1A 0N5
Toll-free telephone: 1-866-995-9737
Local telephone: 1-855-859-3123 or 613-991-3135
TTY / TDD: 1-888-675-6863