Share and view ideas: Let’s talk navigation
Current status: CLOSED
Open on November 20, 2018 and will be closed on January 15, 2019.
Proposed changes to the Navigation Protection Act in Bill C-69 would create a new Canadian Navigable Waters Act (CNWA). This new Act would:
- restore and better protect your right to move freely over Canada's waterways
- advance reconciliation with Indigenous peoples
- create more accessible and transparent decision-making processes
Join in: how to participate
Share your ideas
Who is the focus of this consultation
All Canadians are invited to participate in the online consultations. Those with a particular interest may include:
- Indigenous groups
- Provincial and municipal governments
- Funding applicants
Key questions for discussion
- What is your top priority when it comes to protecting the public right to navigation?
- How might these proposed legislative changes affect your community or organization?
- What key issues should the government consider as we develop a simpler process for adding navigable waters to the Schedule?
- What classes of Work would you like to see included in a Major Works Order (i.e., which works pose a substantial interference with navigation)?
- Categories of works in the proposed Canadian Navigable Waters Act (CNWA)
- Adding navigable waters to the new Canadian Navigable Waters Act Schedule
- Major Works Order
- Minor Works Order
- Navigation Protection Act
- Navigation Protection Act review: protecting Canada's navigable waters
- Navigation Protection Act in Bill C-69
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks Street, 28th Floor
Telephone: 1-855-859-3123 or 613-991-3135
Teletypewriter / TDD: 1-888-675-6863