How to obtain the 2016 Emergency Response Guidebook
Who can obtain free copies of the ERG?
- Canadian First Responders such as municipal fire departments, police departments, ambulance services, RCMP, as well as First Nations emergency services. It does not include industry First Responders (see below).
- Canadian fire dispatch centers that relay technical information on dangerous goods to First Responders can obtain a small number of free paper copies for use in the dispatch center.
- Public emergency services that are likely to be first on scene of dangerous goods incidents in remote areas where there may not be First Responders.
For the above-noted organizations, please see the list of contacts below:
|British Columbia||Brandie Frawleyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|New Brunswick||John Lunneyemail@example.com|
|Newfoundland & Labrador||Dorothy Doylefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Northwest Territories||Harris Beaulieu||Harris_Beaulieu@gov.nt.ca|
|Nova Scotia||Stuart Frickletonemail@example.com|
|Prince Edward Island||Doug MacEwenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Yukon||National Safety Codeemail@example.com|
|National Defense||Contact Base supply||
Contact Base supply and give one of the following codes
ALM 007 005 AX004 (English guide)
|Canada Border Services Agency||Becky Illson-Skinnerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Who is NOT eligible to obtain free copies of the ERG?
For all other organizations, the ERG2016 must be purchased:
- Industry representatives, including industry First Responders (such as industry fire departments, non-profit organizations, mutual aid groups, and dangerous goods cleanup contractors).
- Non-emergency services within municipal, provincial or federal authorities
- Dispatch centers that do not relay technical information about dangerous goods to First Responders (such as 911 dispatch centers).
- Any request from outside of Canada.
The following companies and government departments have informed Transport Canada that they are distributing the new emergency response guidebook:
This information has been provided by an external source. Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy, the currency and the reliability of the content, Transport Canada does not offer any guaranty in that regard.
Some material is available in one language only.
- Book Format
Bureau of Explosives Publications
Telephone: 514-631-0273 or 1-800-361-0273
Green Lights Environmental Solutions Inc.
Telephone: 1-855-282-4537 or 705-665-3719
Hazard Alert Training Inc.
1-866-303-3336 (USA & Canada)
- Power Engineering Books Ltd
Top Tape & Label Ltd.,
INCOM Manufacturing Group
Telephone: 1-800-263-6238 or 905-648-6811
Fax: 1-800-263-2945 or 905-648-1139
- Bureau of Explosives Publications