Flight test guides
From Transport Canada
If you plan to take a pilot or flight instructor test, guides are available to help you prepare.
- Flight test guides help pilots-in-training get ready for a licence or rating test.
- Flight instructor guides set out the curriculum and teaching techniques for pilot training. They are used by flight training units and flight instructors to prepare student pilots for licensing.
You may also wish to search for a flight training unit.
Flight test guides
- Recreational Pilot Permit – Aeroplane – TP 12475 (Fourth edition, April 2016)
- Private Pilot Licence – Aeroplane – TP 13723E (Fifth edition, March 2019)
- Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane – TP 13462E (Fifth edition, March 2019)
- Instrument Rating – TP 9939E (Tenth edition, February 2017)
- Multi-Engine Class Rating – Aeroplane – TP 219E (Tenth Edition, March 2019)
- VFR Navigation Process Test Guide – Aeroplane – TP 13779E (Second edition, November 2015)
- Private and Commercial Pilot Licence – Helicopter – TP 3077E (Third edition, February 2013)
- Instrument Rating – Group 4 – Helicopter – TP 15099E (First edition, March 2011)
- Powered Para-Glider – TP 15031E (First edition, July 2010)
- Ultra-Light Aeroplane – TP 13984E (First edition, December 2005)
Flight instructor guides
- Flight Instructor Rating – Aeroplane, Helicopter, Aerobatic – TP 5537E (Fourth edition, 2010)
- Flight Test Guide – Competency Check (Private Operators) – TP 15335E (Second edition)
- Flight Test Guide – Competency Check (Private Operators) – TP 15335E (First edition)
- Instructor Guide – Seaplane Rating – TP 12668E (May 1996)
- Instructor Guide – Global Positioning System (GPS) – TP 12878E (First edition, January 1997)
- Instructor Guide – VFR Over-the-Top Rating – TP 12775E (First edition, 1996)
- Flight Instructor Guide – Aeroplane – TP 975E (September 2004)
- Instructor Guide – Multi-Class Engine Rating – TP 11575E (October 2010)
- Competency Guide – Complex Aeroplane – TP 13615E (First edition, November 2001)
- Flight Instructor Guide – Helicopter – TP 4818E (August 2006)