Recommended Study Material
- When in Doubt… Small and Large Aircraft - Aircraft Critical Surface Contamination Training Booklet (TP 10643)
- Aircraft Critical Surface Contamination Examination Questions (TP 10615)
- Air Command Weather Manual (TP 9352)
- Air Command Weather Manual (Supplement) (TP 9353)
- Human Factors for Aviation - Basic Handbook (TP 12863), and Advanced Handbook (TP 12864)
Transport Canada Aeronautical Information Manual (TC AIM) (TP 14371)
Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs)
- VFR Navigation Charts (VNC)/VFR Terminal Area Charts (VTA)/World Aeronautical Charts (WAC)
- Canada Flight Supplement
- Enroute Low Altitude Charts
Transport Canada publications (TP) may be purchased from retailers, or at the following web site: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/publications-order-605.html
The Study Guide For The Radiotelephone Operator's Restricted Certificate - Aeronautical (RIC-21) is available free of charge from district offices of Industry Canada - Examinations and Radio Licensing http://www.strategis.gc.ca.
Information on the Transportation of Dangerous Goods is available from Transport Canada. http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/tdg/clear-menu-497.htm
Information on Air Transportation Licences is available from the Canadian Transportation Agency (http://www.cta-otc.gc.ca/).
Information on Customs Requirements is available from the Canada Border Services Agency (http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/).
Information on the Canada Labour Code is available from Social Development Canada http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/l-2/index.html.
Information on text books and other publications produced by commercial publishers can be obtained through local flying training organization, bookstores and similar sources.
Publications used in pilot training in the United States are available through the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C. 20402 (http://www.access.gpo.gov/index.html).