1.1 Program Description
- Record of Amendments
- Record of Bulletins
Part I – General Administration
- Chapter 1: Approved Check Dispatcher Program
- Chapter 2: ACD Delegation Policy and Authorities
- Chapter 3: ACD Qualifications & Authority Application Prodedures
- Chapter 4: Transport Canada Approval Procedures
- Chapter 5: ACD Delegation of Authority
- Chapter 6: Transport Canada ACD Oversight Program
- Chapter 7: Air Operator Responsibilities
- Chapter 8: Conduct of Competency Checks
- Chapter 9: Competency Check Assessments
- Chapter 10: Assessment Standards
- Chapter 11: Validity Periods and Extensions
Part II – Appendixes & Forms
Appendix A: ACD Application Form
Appendix B: ACD Delegation of Authority Form
Appendix C: Dispatcher's Competency Check Report
Appendix D: TC Inspector Request for an Annual ACD Monitor or DCC
Appendix E: Approved Check Dispatcher Monitor Report
Appendix F: ACD or Flight Dispatch Extension Request/Approval
Appendix G: Revocation of ACD Authorization
Appendix H: Recommendation for Competency Check
Appendix I: Operational Control Inspection Report
Appendix J: Sample Letter of Approval
Appendix K: Flight Dispatcher Training & Proficiency Record
Appendix L: Familiarization Flight Report
Appendix M: Competency Check Practices Guide
- Appendix A: ACD Application Form
1.1.1 The Approved Check Dispatcher (ACD) program allows an Air or Private Operator (hereafter referred to as "Operator") the opportunity to develop and maintain a program of competency checks independent of the availability of Transport Canada Civil Aviation Inspectors (hereafter referred to as TC Inspectors).
1.1.2 The ACD program consists of Company Check Dispatchers (CCDs), or Contracted Approved Check Dispatchers (CACDs), who may be delegated the authority to conduct competency checks on behalf of the Minister.
1.1.3 To make application for a CCD an air operator must have a satisfactory safety record and have in place satisfactory programs for training and record keeping.
1.1.4 The number of ACDs (CCDs, and CACDs) and their conduct of competency checks are closely monitored by and at the option of Transport Canada. A TC Inspector may conduct any of the competency checks referred to in this manual and a TC Inspector may monitor any ACD conducting any competency check.
1.1.5 Competency checks conducted outside Canada by TC Inspectors will be subject to cost recovery as per the existing policy on Cost Recovery for Regulatory Services Provided Outside Canada.