4.1 ACD Application Form Review
- Record of Amendments
- Record of Bulletins
Part I – General Administration
- Chapter 1: Approved Check Dispatcher Program
- Chapter 2: ACD Delegation Policy and Authorities
- Chapter 3: ACD Qualifications & Authority Application Prodedures
- Chapter 4: Transport Canada Approval Procedures
- Chapter 5: ACD Delegation of Authority
- Chapter 6: Transport Canada ACD Oversight Program
- Chapter 7: Air Operator Responsibilities
- Chapter 8: Conduct of Competency Checks
- Chapter 9: Competency Check Assessments
- Chapter 10: Assessment Standards
- Chapter 11: Validity Periods and Extensions
Part II – Appendixes & Forms
Appendix A: ACD Application Form
Appendix B: ACD Delegation of Authority Form
Appendix C: Dispatcher's Competency Check Report
Appendix D: TC Inspector Request for an Annual ACD Monitor or DCC
Appendix E: Approved Check Dispatcher Monitor Report
Appendix F: ACD or Flight Dispatch Extension Request/Approval
Appendix G: Revocation of ACD Authorization
Appendix H: Recommendation for Competency Check
Appendix I: Operational Control Inspection Report
Appendix J: Sample Letter of Approval
Appendix K: Flight Dispatcher Training & Proficiency Record
Appendix L: Familiarization Flight Report
Appendix M: Competency Check Practices Guide
- Appendix A: ACD Application Form
4.1.1 The appropriate Transport Canada office will, upon receipt of the ACD Application Form, confirm that the ACD nominee:
is acceptable in terms of experience and competency; and
meets the qualifications requirements set out in this manual, or that any deviation is justified and acceptable.
The issuing authority may approve a nominee not meeting all of the stated requirements. Justification provided in the ACD nominee's resume (that accompanies the application form) is considered in making this determination.
4.1.2 Where an Operator is requesting CCD authority, the issuing authority will verify the requirement for a CCD considering:
the number of flight dispatchers employed by the air operator;
the location of the air operator’s operational control office(s);
the type and variety of the operational control system ; and
- the number of CCDs already employed by the air operator (where applicable).
4.1.3 TC will also verify the Operator's safety record and performance related to training and record keeping as required by subsection 1.1.3.
4.1.4 TC will contact the air operator to arrange a meeting between the ACD nominee and a TC Inspector for an initial appointment briefing.