The Aerodrome Standards Section is composed of a number of specialists in sectors such as airports, water airports, heliports, airside safety, fire fighting and airport safety management systems.
The Aerodrome Standards Section is responsible for a number of activities directed at enhancing the safety of operations at aerodromes and airports. These activities include elements such as:
- Developing and amending the content of Part III of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs);
- Evaluating requests for exemptions from airports standards
- (see Civil Aviation Directive #1);
- Providing technical assistance, advice and support to the regional offices of Aerodrome Safety in support of requests from aerodrome or airport operators;
- Elaboration of Aeronautical Studies and Risk Assessments.