Operations Specification 089
SUBJECT: ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT - SINGLE-PILOT OPERATIONS IN IMC
1. This operations specification is issued pursuant to subparagraph 701.08(g)(vi) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations and authorizes single-pilot operations in IMC using the types of aircraft indicated by reference numbers and listed in section 3 of this operations specification provided it is equipped with the additional equipment referred to in section 2 of this operations specification.
2. his authority is granted subject to the following conditions:
the aircraft is equipped with:
- an auto-pilot that is capable of operating the aircraft controls to maintain flight and manoeuvre the aircraft about the lateral and longitudinal axes;
- a headset with a boom microphone or equivalent and a transmit button on the control column; and
- a chart holder that is placed in an easily readable position and a means of illumination for the chart holder.
3. The types of aircraft indicated by reference numbers in Part II of the air operator certificate are:
PREV~Supersedes the one dated PREV~
For Minister of Transport