Operations Specification 201
SUBJECT: LONG RANGE AREA NAVIGATION - PRIMARY OR ADDITIONAL MEANS OF NAVIGATION
1. This operations specification is issued pursuant to subparagraph 701.08(g)(vi) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations and authorizes the operation of the types of aircraft indicated by reference numbers and listed in section 3 of this operations specification by a foreign air operator or an operator of a foreign state aircraft to use a long range area navigation system as the primary or additional means of navigation while operating in Canada.
2. This authority is granted subject to the following conditions:
- in the case where a long range area navigation system is the primary means of navigation, a foreign air operator and the operator of a foreign state aircraft shall hold a valid authorization or equivalent document issued by the state of the foreign air operator or the operator of a foreign state aircraft;
- in the case where a long range area navigation system is to be used as an additional means of navigation, the foreign air operator or the operator of a foreign state aircraft shall hold a valid authorization or equivalent document issued by the state of a foreign air operator or the operator of a foreign state aircraft;
- the off-airway direct route or route segment may be used provided the flight planned route and means of navigation is acceptable to the Air Traffic Control Service concerned;
- all routes, route segments or airspace to be used shall be listed and available to each flight crew member and the person responsible for the operational control of the flight and include the information on navigational aids, tracks, altitudes and distances for each route; and
- the aircraft shall be equipped, dispatched and operated in accordance with the accepted procedures outlined in the foreign air operator Operations Manual or in the case of a foreign state aircraft, the applicable manual.
3. The types of aircraft indicated by reference numbers in Part II of the Canadian foreign air operator certificate are:
PREV~Supersedes the one dated PREV~
For Minister of Transport