Operations Specification 611
SUBJECT: REQUIRED NAVIGATION PERFORMANCE 10 (RNP-10) AIRSPACE
1. This operations specification is issued pursuant to the subparagraph of the Canadian Aviation Regulations referred to in section 3 of this operations specification and authorizes operations in Required Navigation Performance 10 (RNP-10) Airspace, under the conditions listed in section 2 of this operations specification, for the type(s) of aeroplane(s) indicated by reference numbers and listed in section 4 of this operations specification.
2. The requirements for authorization to operate in RNP-10 airspace are as follows:
- The aircraft
- is equipped with at least two independent long range navigation systems capable of meeting a position accuracy of +/- 10 NM or better for 95% of the flight time in RNP-10 airspace; and
- meets the technical requirements of the navigation element of FAA Order 8400.12A, Required Navigation Performance 10 (RNP-10) Operational Approval.
- An RNP-10 time limit is established for aircraft equipped with only Inertial Navigation Systems (INS) or Inertial Navigation Units (INU), in order to meet the RNP-10 accuracy requirements,
- The air operator shall establish procedures in its Company Operations Manual for the guidance of its personnel and any other procedures related to the conduct of RNP-10 operations that are necessary for safe operations. These procedures shall include at least a system description and any limitations; the operational aspects, including normal, abnormal and emergency operations; and any effects or dependences on other aircraft systems.
- The air operator shall provide training to each crew member involved with RNP-10 operations that addresses at least the following:
- the operation of the long range area navigation systems in accordance with the training requirements set out in the subsection of the Commercial Air Services Standards or the Private Operator Passenger Transportation Standards, as the case may be, referred to in section 5 of this operations specification, and;
- For a flight crew member to qualify for operations in RNP-10 airspace, an air operator shall have initial and recurrent approved training programs that ensure that each flight crew member is proficient in the following areas:
- flight planning for RNP-10 airspace;
- navigation performance requirements for RNP-10 airspace;
- en route procedures for RNP-10 airspace; and
- contingency procedures for RNP-10 airspace.
CANADIAN AVIATION REGULATIONS
3. This operations specification is issued pursuant to:
4. Subject to the restriction(s) referred to in section 5 of this operations specification, the reference number(s) for the appropriate aircraft type(s) as listed in part II of this air operator certificate are:
5. This authorization is limited to the following specific series and/or specific aircraft registration(s), if applicable:
6. The training requirement applicable to this operations specification is contained in:
Date of Issue
PREV~Supersedes the one dated : PREV~
For Minister of Transport