Operations Specification 613
SUBJECT: EN ROUTE AREA NAVIGATION OPERATIONS (RNAV 5)
1. This operations specification is issued pursuant to the subparagraph of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) referred to in section 3 of this operations specification. The air operator is authorized to conduct operations in en route Area Navigation Operations 5 (RNAV 5) airspace, provided that the provisions of this operations specification are met.
2. The requirements for authorization to operate in RNAV 5 airspace are as follows:
- The aircraft
- is equipped with an RNAV system capable of meeting a position accuracy of +/- 5 NM or better for 95% of the total flight time in RNAV 5 airspace; and
- meets the operational and functional performance criteria of:
- the B-RNAV portion of FAA Advisory Circular No. 90-96A, Approval of U.S. Operators and Aircraft to Operate Under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) in European Airspace Designated for Basic Area Navigation (B-RNAV) and Precision Area Navigation (P-RNAV); and/or
- JAA GAI-20 ACJ 20X4, JAA Guidance Material on the Airworthiness and Operational Criteria for the use of navigation systems in European Airspace Designated for Basic RNAV Operations, and/or
- EASA AMC 20-4, B-RNAV, Airworthiness Approval and Operational Criteria for the Use of Navigation Systems in European Airspace Designated for Basic RNAV Operations, and
- meets the aircraft eligibility and aircraft requirements criteria of the ICAO Performance Based Navigation Manual, Third Edition 2008, Vol II, Part B, Chapter 2.
- Company Operations Manual
The air operator shall establish procedures in its Company Operations Manual for the guidance of its personnel and any other procedures related to the conduct of RNAV 5 operations that are necessary for safe operations. These procedures shall include at least a system description and any limitations; the operational aspects, including normal, abnormal and emergency operations; and any effects or dependencies on other aircraft systems.
CANADIAN AVIATION REGULATIONS
3. This operations specification is issued pursuant to:
4. Subject to the restriction(s) referred to in section 5 of this operations specification, the reference number(s) for the appropriate aircraft type(s) as listed in part II of this air operator certificate are:
5. This authorization is limited to the following specific series and/or specific aircraft registration(s), if applicable:
6. The applicable training requirements are contained in Commercial Air Service Standards 722.76(15), 723.98(21), 724.115(22) or 725.124(27), as applicable to the Canadian Aviation Regulations Subpart identified in section 3 of this operations specification. The air operator shall provide training to personnel involved with RNAV 5 operations that addresses at least the following:
- the operation of the area navigation systems by flight crew in accordance with the training requirements set out in the subsection of the Commercial Air Services Standards, and;
- initial and recurrent approved training programs specific to RNAV 5 that ensure that each flight crew member and operational control personnel are proficient in the following areas:
- flight planning for RNAV 5 airspace;
- navigation performance requirements for RNAV 5 airspace;
- en route procedures for RNAV 5 airspace; and
- contingency procedures for RNAV 5 airspace.
PREV~Supersedes the one dated : PREV~
For Minister of Transport