Disinsection Policy - Sunwing
1. What Routes will you be spraying on this year?
- St. Vincent & The Grenadines
- Trinidad & Tobago
2. What is the Product used?
The content of the spray used by Sunwing is recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) for aircraft disinsection and contains synthetic pyrethroids. A detailed review conducted by WHO led to the conclusion that no toxicological hazard was attributable to any of the materials or methods recommended for use in aircraft disinsection and that they were safe to use in the presence of passengers and crew.
3. Method for each type of aircraft: (a) Residual; (b) Top of descent; (c) On arrival method
- Top of descent / On arrival method
4. Time of year when disinfection is conducted?
- Year round
5. How are passenger complaints handled?
- On board by operating crew and/or directed to the Customer Service Department
6. Who handles questions from the public regarding this subject?
- Information is provided on the airline website prior to travel
On website: http://www.sunwing.ca/ContactUs1.asp
- Cabin crew answer questions while on board and/or questions may be directed to
Customer Service Department
Toll free: 1-877-877-1755
7. What kind of information is provided to the passengers?
- The legal requirement, product used and how it is used.
8. When are passengers notified of procedure that disinsection will take place onboard their flight?
- Notification on website
- Prior to spraying, an onboard announcement is made