Section 6 - Calling Procedures During Office Hours (0800 - 1600 hours)
- Table of Contents
- Section 1 - National Places of Refuge Contingency Plan
- Section 2 - Places of Refuge Contingency Plan - Pacific Region
- Section 3 - Pre-Designation of Places of Refuge
- Section 4 - Extract from Canada Shipping Act, 2001
- Section 5 - Communications Flow - Transport Canada Marine/ Canadian Coast Guard
- Section 6 - Calling Procedures during Office Hours (0800 - 1600 hours)
- Section 7 - Guidance on Safety Measures for Inbound/Outbound Deficient Vessels
- Section 8 - Decision Making Process - Checklist
- Section 9 - Places of Refuge Contingency Plan - Contact List
- Section 10 - Reference Documents
Transport Canada Marine, Pacific Region, Compliance and Enforcement Division
Regional Marine Information Centre (RMIC) / Transport Canada Marine (TCM)
- RMIC (a.k.a. MCTS, VTS) calling TCM Receptionist at 1-604 – 666 – 5300 for any Incident Reports, Deficiency Reports, or Places of Refuge Requests during normal Office Hours (0800 – 1600 hours).
- TCM Receptionist shall call a Marine Safety Inspector (MSI) in TME Office as indicated below without any delay, e.g. if in January, the TCM Receptionist would call “A” first on his Cellular #, if no answer, shall not leave any voice message or email message for calling back, but then go down the names on the list and call the next MSI, i.e. “B”, “C”, “D”, etc. in that order. If none of the MSI is answering the call, the TCM Receptionist shall call TME or TM. TCM Receptionist shall maintain the RMIC / MSI Calling Time Log in the Office.
- The MSI who is answering the call shall call back RMIC at 1-604 – 666 – 6012 to obtain the details of the Report without any delay.
- The MSI shall deal with the Report if it is under TME’s responsibility without any delay, or if appropriate, pass the information of the Report to an appropriate Program / District Manager for immediate follow-up action without any delay. MSI shall maintain a Time Log for his / her action.
RMIC/TCM Calling Roster During Office Hours (0800 - 1600 hours) - Starting January 2009
|1||A||1 604 323 6409||X|
|2||B||1 604 880 7503||X|
|3||C||1 604 868 3450||X|
|4||D||1 604 312 0495||X|
|5||E||1 604 219 5253||X|
|6||F||1 604 314 5227||X|
|7||G||1 604 817 1663||X|
|8||H||1 604 868 3344||X|
|9||I||1 604 220 0748||X|
|10||J||1 604 220 5534||X|
|11||K||1 604 818 6429||X|
|12||L||1 604 314 7961||X|