Tracking Web Page Visits to Improve Your Online Experience
Transport Canada (TC) tracks data associated with Web page visits so that we can continue to improve our service to Canadians.
How it’s Done
TC uses web analytic tools that records certain information about your visit with us. These tools can be used to gather the following information:
- The IP address and name of your service provider's server
- The date and time of the visit
- The pages visited
- The length of each visit
- Your browser type (Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, etc.)
- The referring page of the visit
Measures like this enable TC to learn about visitor trends so that we can modify our Web site to better suit your online needs. This information can assist us with:
- Determining which subjects are of most interest to visitors;
- Ensuring related information is easily accessible; and
- Understanding routes visitors take to get to our Web site, and how they navigate within our Web site, to ensure logical links are made.
Protecting Your Privacy
No personal information, such as your name, phone number or email address are collected during this process. In all cases, data is used only in aggregate. You may adjust browser settings to reject data collection of any kind, if you so choose. For more information, see Standard on Privacy and Web Analytics.