- Snowmobile and Quad (Transports Québec)
- Importing a Vehicle to Canada
Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ)
- Vehicle registration, Registration in Quebec, Vehicle driving, Driver's Licence, Drinking and driving, Quebec car collective Insurance
- Road conditions (Transports Québec)
In Canada, road transportation responsibilities are shared between federal and provincial governments. Part of federal government responsibilities is the creation of specific safety vehicle standards for manufacturers for the transportation of passengers and goods.
In each province, the administrations are responsible for enforcing road safety in their territory.
In Quebec, the "Société de l'assurance automobile (SAAQ)" is responsible for the management of the Road Safety Code, Driver's licences, Vehicles safety and registration, and the Collective Insurance Program.
The Quebec Transportation Department manages Road Infrastructure Development and Road Works, and also Road Maintenance in Winter.
Please find a list of links on the following topics:
- Motor Carrier Policy
- Motor Carrier Control (SAAQ)
- Vehicle Load and Size - Thaw Zones and Periods (Transports Québec)
- Air Bags
- Child Safety
Motor Vehicle Safety - General Information:
If you need general information on vehicle safety standards, children's restraint systems, seat belts, fuel consumption ratings, vehicle emissions, road safety publications, national collision statistics, tires or related issues, call:
- 1-800-333-0371 (long distance, Canada)
- 1-613-998-8616 (Ottawa region and from other countries)
Place de Ville, Tower C
330 Sparks St.