Order Declaring Relevant Associations and Organizations in Relation to Federally Regulated Railway Companies
Minister of Transport
Order Respecting Relevant Associations or Organizations
Under Subsection 4(1)
Railway Safety Act, R.S.C. 1985 C-32 (4th Supp.)
Pursuant to the provisions of Subsection 4(1) of the Railway Safety Act, the Minister of Transport has the authority to declare, by order, what association or organization constitutes a “relevant association or organization” in relation to a railway company.
I have determined that the associations or organizations set forth in Schedules “A” and “B” attached hereto are relevant associations or organizations in relation to the railway companies coming under federal jurisdiction.
I hereby revoke the previous order, MO 10-04, dated February 8, 2010.
I further declare that the associations or organizations described in the attached Schedules “A” and “B” to this order are relevant associations or organizations in relation to all federally regulated railway companies.
Director General, Rail Safety
November 18, 2013
(Associations or Organizations Formed to Represent the Interests of Persons
Employed by a Railway Company)
- Travailleurs Unis Transport (1843)
- Teamsters Canada Rail Conference
- Teamsters Canada Rail Conference – Maintenance of Way Employees Division (TCRC-MWED)
- Teamsters Canada Rail Conference/Rail Canada Traffic Controllers
- Signal and Communications Council of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers
- United Steel, Paper and Forestry, Rubber, Manufacturing, Energy, Allied Industrial and Service Workers International Union
- Amalgamated Transit Union Local 279
- Transportation Communications International Union System Board
- Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen (BLET)
- United Transportation Union (UTU)
(Associations or Organizations Formed to Represent the Interests of Owners or
Lessees of Railway Equipment)
- GATX Rail Canada
- Canadian Chemical Producers Associations
- Canadian Fertilizer Institute
- General Electric Railcar Services Corporation
- PLM Railcar Management Services (Canada) Ltd.
- Procor Limited
- Propane Gas Association of Canada Inc.