Forms of GBO
The following examples of GBO will be used where applicable. Times, mileages and speeds shown in MPH will be in numbers only.
Form S - Main Track Out of Service
(1) Main track out of service between siding switches at Whitney. Switches lined and secured for siding. Movements will operate through siding in accordance with Rule 105.
(2) Main track out of service between main track switches at mile 11.3 and mile 12.1 Canada Sub, Baker Industrial Track. Switches lined and secured for this track. Movements will operate through Baker Industrial Track in accordance with Rule 105.
When a foreman has received confirmation in writing that the GBO is in effect, impassable main track, between the switches of the siding or other tracks, may be protected in the manner prescribed by Rule 841. Before Form S is issued, any derail on such track must be secured in the non-derailing position or removed from the rail.
Form T - Equipment Left on Main Track
(1) Unattended equipment occupying main (No 4) track between mile 9 and mile 11 Maple Leaf Sub.
Example (1) will be used to provide permission to leave and provide protection for equipment occupying the main track between the designated points. Equipment must be left between the designated points.
(2) Derailed equipment obstructing main (east) track (No 1 track and No 2 track) between mile 28 and mile 29 Beaver Sub.
Example (2) will be used to protect derailed equipment on the main track or obstructing a main track.
The crew of a movement receiving examples (1) or (2) must proceed prepared to stop short of such equipment.
Form V - Specifying Speed
(1) Do not exceed 10 MPH between mile 15 and mile 20 (at mile 19.4) (on east track) Canada Sub.
This example will be used with Rule 43 protection, or for other conditions requiring a reduction in movement speed not covered by example (2) or (3). When required, the GBO must specify the track, or tracks, upon which the restriction applies.
(2) Do not exceed 30 MPH while handling ____________.
This example may be used when it is necessary to restrict the speed of specific equipment.
(3) Do not exceed 20 MPH entering public crossing at grade mile 43.5 Beaver Sub until crossing fully occupied.
This example must be used to restrict the speed of movements entering a public crossing at grade.
Form Y - Planned Protection
Form Y will be used to provide protection as prescribed by Rule 42.
Be governed by Rule 42 on Nov 30th from 0800 until 1700 between mile 10 and mile 12 (on east track) Canada Sub Foreman __________.
Note: This form may be modified for daily or other exceptional usage. E.g. daily from 0800 until 1700.
When required, the GBO must specify the track, or tracks, upon which the restriction applies.