Transportation of Dangerous Goods Directorate
- TDG Home
- TDG Directorate
- Emergency Response Task Force
- TDG Act
- TDG Regulations
- Protective Directions
- Interim Orders
- Equivalency and Temporary Certificates (Permit)
- Emergency Response Assistance Plans
- Safety Awareness Materials and FAQ
- TDG Publications
- Enforcement Actions Summaries
- TDG Security
- TDG Contact Us / Contacts
- TDG Site Map
The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Directorate is the focal point for the national program to promote public safety during the transportation of dangerous goods. The TDG Directorate serves as the major source of regulatory development, information and guidance on dangerous goods transport for the public, industry and government employees.
Visit TDG's "Who we are" page for more information.
- COVID-19: Requirements for safe transportation of infectious substances (Class 6.2)
- Issuing temporary certificates pursuant to subsection 31(2.1) of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, 1992 due to COVID-19
- Notice – New edition of CSA B625 is published
- Regulations Amending the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (Formatting Changes) – comes into force February 19, 2020
- Seeking participants for study on electronic shipping documents (TDG Sandbox)
- TDG Bulletin - Produced water
- Find out about our study on electronic shipping documents (TDG Sandbox)
- Find out about changes to ERAP provisions in the TDG Regulations
In the event of an emergency
In the event of an emergency involving dangerous goods, call CANUTEC at 1-888-CAN-UTEC (226-8832), 613-996-6666 or *666 on a cellular phone.
You can register online to use CANUTEC's free, 24-hour emergency telephone number on your dangerous goods shipping documents.
For regulatory questions, contact the TDG regional office in your region:
Prairie & Northern