Transportation of Dangerous Goods Directorate
- TDG Home
- TDG Directorate
- Emergency Response Task Force
- TDG Act
- TDG Regulations
- Protective Directions
- Interim Orders
- Equivalency Certificates (Permits)
- Emergency Response Assistance Plans
- Safety Awareness Materials and FAQ
- TDG Publications
- Enforcement Actions Summaries
- TDG Security
- TDG Contact Us / Contacts
- TDG Site Map
The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Directorate is the focal point for the national program to promote public safety during the transportation of dangerous goods. The TDG Directorate serves as the major source of regulatory development, information and guidance on dangerous goods transport for the public, industry and government employees.
Visit TDG's "Who we are" page for more information.
- Video : Responding to Railcar Incidents Involving Flammable Liquids
- Regulations Amending the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (Containers for Transport of Dangerous Goods by Rail)
- Consultation on the International harmonization updates to the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Notice – Publication of Protective Direction No. 39 – August 28, 2018
- Notice - New editions of CSA B339, CSA B340, CSA B341, and CSA B342 have been published – June 21, 2018
In the event of an emergency
In the event of an emergency involving dangerous goods, call CANUTEC at 1-888-CAN-UTEC (226-8832), 613-996-6666 or *666 on a cellular phone.
You can register online to use CANUTEC's free, 24-hour emergency telephone number on your dangerous goods shipping documents.
For regulatory questions, contact the TDG regional office in your region:
Prairie & Northern