Pressure Testing Training Requirements
- Back to the Containers home page
- Aerosol Containers and Gas Cartridges
- Cylinders, Spheres and Tubes
- UN cylinders, UN tubes, UN cryogenic receptacles, and multiple-element gas containers
- Tank Trucks and Trailers and TC Portable Tanks
- Containers for Infectious substances
- Railway Tank Cars and Ton Containers
- UN Small Means of Containment
- UN Portable Tanks
- Containers for Explosives (Class 1)
CSA B339 and CSA B341 require facilities applying for registration or renewal as requalifiers of cylinders and/or as periodic inspection and test bodies of UN pressure receptacles by the pressure hydrostatic retest and visual inspection method to include in their application a description of the training, qualifications, and experience that enables their staff to perform the inspections and tests required by CSA B339 and/or CSA B341. Transport Canada will assess the adequacy of the training identified by each applicant in deciding whether or not to grant a registration. As always, applicants must demonstrate familiarity with the standard and a capability to consistently comply with its requirements.
Transport Canada is familiar with certain commercially available training packages for cylinder requalifiers:
Applicants may attest to having attended one of these courses by submitting copies of training certificates obtained from the trainer. Please note that training certificates are valid for 3 years and that persons testing cylinders must be re-trained every 3 years. Applicants electing to engage other training providers or electing to conduct in-house training will be required to submit details of this training to Transport Canada for review. Please contact Transport Canada for additional information relating to the requirements for in-house training programs or alternative course providers.