Railway Tank Cars and Ton Containers
- Back to the Containers home page
- Aerosol Containers and Gas Cartridges
- Cylinders, Spheres and Tubes
- UN cylinders, UN tubes, UN cryogenic receptacles, and multiple-element gas containers
- Tank Trucks and Trailers and TC Portable Tanks
- Containers for Infectious substances
- Railway Tank Cars and Ton Containers
- UN Small Means of Containment
- UN Portable Tanks
- Containers for Explosives (Class 1)
Information on TP14877 (the standard on “Containers for Transport of Dangerous Goods by Rail, a Transport Canada Standard, December 2013”).
FAQ on Railway Tank Cars and Ton Containers
The FAQ on Railway Tank Cars and Ton Containers includes information on the requirements for railway tank cars and ton containers as well as the requirements to be registered by Transport Canada to manufacture, repair, inspect, test, qualify, maintain or modify a railway tank car or manufacture, inspect or test a ton container.
Railway Tank Car Registered Facilities
Search the TDG database for facilities registered by Transport Canada pursuant to TP14877 to manufacture, repair, inspect, test, qualify, maintain or modify railway tank cars.
Ton Container Registered Manufacturers, Independent Inspectors and Test Facilities
A listing of Facilities and Independent Inspectors registered by Transport Canada pursuant to TP14877 to manufacture, inspect or test ton containers is available by contacting MOCregister-Registrecontenant@tc.gc.ca.
- Application for registration as a tank car facility pursuant to Transport Canada Standard TP14877
- Application for registration to requalify ton containers by hydrostatic retest and visual inspection pursuant to Transport Canada Standard TP14877