UN Small Means of Containment
- Back to the Containers home page
- Aerosol Containers and Gas Cartridges
- Cylinders, Spheres and Tubes
- UN cylinders, UN tubes, UN cryogenic receptacles, and multiple-element gas containers
- Tank Trucks and Trailers and TC Portable Tanks
- Containers for Infectious substances
- Railway Tank Cars and Ton Containers
- UN Small Means of Containment
- UN Portable Tanks
- Containers for Explosives (Class 1)
UN Standardized Small Containers
A UN standardized small container (other than a cylinders or IBC) is a container having a maximum capacity of 450 L, manufactured in accordance with the requirements of chapter 6.1 of the UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods and with the national regulations of the country of manufacture.
A UN standardized small container manufactured in Canada must be in accordance with sections 2 and 3 and Part 1 of the standard TP14850 "Small Containers for Transport of Dangerous Goods, Classes 3, 4, 5, 6.1, 8 and 9". UN standardized small containers can be bags, boxes, combination packagings, composite packagings, drums or jerricans that are small means of containment.
CAN/CGSB-43.151: the national standard on "Packing of Explosives (Class 1) for Transportation”