Transportation of Dangerous Goods Program
- TDG Home
- TDG Directorate
- Emergency Response Task Force
- TDG Act
- TDG Regulations
- Protective Directions
- Interim Orders
- Equivalency Certificates (Permits)
- Emergency Response Assistance Plans
- Safety Awareness Materials and FAQ
- TDG Publications
- Enforcement Actions Summaries
- TDG Security
- TDG Contact Us / Contacts
- TDG Site Map
The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Program, based on risks, develops safety standards and regulations, provides oversight and gives expert advice on dangerous goods incidents to promote public safety in the transportation of dangerous goods by all modes of transport in Canada.
- Notice – 60-Day Consultation period – Updated Safety Standard CSA B625, “Portable tanks for the transport of dangerous goods” – ending December 11, 2018.
- Notice – 60 day Consultation period – Updated Safety Standard CGSB-43.126, “Reconditioning, remanufacturing and repair of drums for the transportation of dangerous goods” – ending November 30, 2018
- Notice – Publication of Protective Direction No. 39 – August 28, 2018
- Notice - New editions of CSA B339, CSA B340, CSA B341, and CSA B342 have been published – June 21, 2018
- Notice of migration TP14850
- Notice – Transfer of TP14877 to CGSB
- Notice – Publication in Part I of Canada Gazette for a 60 day consultation period – Regulations Amending the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (Emergency Response Assistance Plan) – Ending August 29, 2018
- New research reports and literature reviews on Tank Car Top Fittings Protection, Tank Cars Exposed to Fire, and Tank Car Steels
In the event of an emergency
In the event of an emergency involving dangerous goods, call CANUTEC at 1-888-CAN-UTEC (226-8832), 613-996-6666 or *666 on a cellular phone.
You can register online to use CANUTEC's free, 24-hour emergency telephone number on your dangerous goods shipping documents.
For regulatory questions, contact the TDG regional office in your region:
Prairie & Northern